South Carolina Genealogy Web  |  South Carolina Genealogy Directory  |  Free South Carolina Genealogy Newsletter

South Carolina Genealogy Forum » Orangeburg Co., SC Queries

Crider and Nettles familes that lived in Orangeburg Dist. before 1820

(1 post)
  • Started 7 years ago by SonyaCJ

1. SonyaCJ

My 4g-grandfather, Frederick Crider and wife, Susannah, came from Orangeburg Dist., S.C. to Southwest Mississippi (Franklin County) before 1820. Their daughter, Elizabeth Chrishine, married Elisha Nettles before 1820 and was also living in Franklin County, Mississippi. There is also an Elisha Nettles in Orangeburg Dist. in 1820. All of this is based on the 1820 census for S.C. and MS. I am trying to find out if the younger Elisha Nettles that married the Crider is the son of the older Elisha Nettles living in Orangeburg Dist. There was another Nettles that came to MS about 1810 from another district in S.C. but he left MS about 1815 and moved to Louisiana. There is no marriage License on record in Mississippi for Elisha Nettles and Elizabeth Christine Crider. Can anyone help me? I need to know if these two Elisha's are father & son and if Elisha Nettles married Eliz. Crider in South Carolina.

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic  

You must log in to post.